December 2018 - In the Boxing Ring & Network Box Focus

 

In the Boxing Ring

 

Download the latest edition:

In the Boxing Ring - December 2018 [PDF]

 

In the Boxing Ring - December 2018

 

4 December 2018 - Welcome to the December 2018 edition of ‘In the Boxing Ring’.

 

This month, in our feature article, Network Box’s Managing Director, Michael Gazeley, talks about an optional new service that we will be offering soon, as part of our Managed Security Services, Dark Web Monitoring. Most people are unaware that only 4% of the Internet is publicly searchable, the other 96% is closed off, and is made up of the Deep Web, and the Dark Web. Whenever there is a major hack or data breach, that personal data usually ends up on the Dark Web. There are currently over 5.6 billion sets of hacked credentials already posted, and the number is growing fast. This is discussed in further detail on pages 2 to 3.

 

On page 4, we highlight the features and fixes to be released in this month’s patch Tuesday for Network Box 5.

 

In other news, Network Box Hong Kong was at the University of Hong Kong, to give a cybersecurity awareness seminar. In addition, Network Box Singapore’s Managing Director, Jan Van Leersum, was at the SCCCI to give a talk about managing cybersecurity risks. Furthermore, Network Box USA’s CTO, Pierluigi Stella, was at the business development workshop organized by the Greater Houston Partnership. Finally, Network Box was in various media outlets: the SCMP and RTHK News.

 

The newsletter can be downloaded from the Network Box website.

 

> All editions of In the Boxing Ring

 

 

 


 

 

Network Box Focus

 

Download the latest edition:

Network Box Focus - December 2018 [PDF]


Network Box Focus - December 2018

 

This month's highlights include:

  • Network Box Dark Web Monitoring Service
  • Network Box Hong Kong: The University of Hong Kong - Cybersecurity Awareness Seminar
  • Network Box Singapore: Digitalisation for SMEs - Cybersecurity Risks Seminar
  • Network Box USA: Greater Houston Partnership - Business Development Workshop

 

> All editions of Network Box Focus